Monday, September 14, 2009

Afganastan reunion

Kite Runner- Amir
Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nght Time- Christopher
Afganastan where Amir spent a large portion of his child hood.



One summer day Amir was walking down his home land in Afghanistan visiting his old friend who was very sick. As he was walking the streets he once played on as a young boy with his friends and the best Kite Runner in all Afghanistan he ran into his old friend Christopher. When he ran into Christopher the only thing running through his mind was why Christopher would be all the way down here.
“Christopher? What bring you here where my people live?”
“I am here trying to figure out a case. Someone killed my neighbor’s dog. Oh wow look at the kites flying”
Amir and Christopher went walking around the streets catching up and talking about old times. As Amir walked around with Christopher it reminded him so much of his father who passed 15 years earlier.
“How is your family back in the United States?”
“I have been married for about 15 years. My father passed not long after my wedding.”
“Oh wow. Do you have any kids? I’m sorry to here about your father.”
“No I do not have any kids. My wife and I cannot have children. We have visited many doctors but only advice we get is to adopt.”
“Why don’t you adopt then?”
“The problem with adopting and my religion is people like to know the back round and how far back there family goes before choosing a young man or women for marriage.”
As Christopher and Amir Spoke on Amir learned the struggles and down side to Christopher.
“How is your father Christopher?”
“He is doing well; I think he has something to do with the murder of the dog next door. He always takes away my journal. I think it’s because I have such hard evidence. OH WOW look at those kids playing soccer.”
When he mentioned the soccer playing it reminded Amir of how his father wanted him to be a good soccer player and toughen up through out his child hood. Then it dawned on him that he almost forgot how he met Christopher.
“Christopher? You remember how we met?”
“Yes of course. How could I ever forget that day? You saved me from the school bully’s when you first moved to the United States with your father. A lot of people made fun of me because of my disabilities. You were the first person to step up for me and say something. But I never knew why you moved away without even a goodbye. You left so fast. After you left people began doing the old things again. Pushing me around, throwing rocks at me when I road my bike home, put peanut butter in my pants, and worst of all fluff in my hair.”
Amir was very quiet for a very long time. Then the silence broke when Amir asked if Christopher was still attending his math classes. Christopher responded with a quick yes as if he did not want to be spoken to.
“Christopher I understand I left wrong an should of said my goodbye’s, but I did not want to leave. I was forced to leave so I can pursue a better education somewhere that would take me somewhere in life.”

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your essay. I liked how you had different settings. I also liked how you ended your story in a conversation.

    ReplyDelete